- This event has passed.
Finding Ease: Through Your Own Lens® SOLD OUT
May 2 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm$149
Here’s everything you need to know
- This is a half-day retreat, meant to give you the opportunity to spend some quality time with an intimate group of some of the brightest lights I know, and to spend some of that quality time alone with your own bright light, in a walking, visual meditation.
- To get the most out of the day, please treat this as sacred retreat time: make sure your family’s needs are taken care of ahead of time, let everyone know that you have set this time aside for self-care, and set a boundary on being disturbed for anything other than an emergency (however your family defines that).
- You’ll be using your smartphone camera to complete your photo assignments, which means that you’ll have it with you on retreat. I recommend you set it to “Do Not Disturb” and experience the world in its present moment state for five hours, without electronic communication. Pretend you’re on retreat where there’s no cell phone service. You can do it!
- Have a journal or notepad handy. If you have a journal you can dedicate to your Through Your Own Lens® experience, you’ll find yourself returning to it for follow-up exercises and to review your own wisdom and discoveries.
- We’ll meet via Zoom. If you’ve managed to get this far through the crisis without downloading the Zoom app to your computer or phone, please download it now, and familiarize yourself with its most basic function: joining a meeting with audio and video.
- The link to join the meeting will be sent to you via email five minutes before start time, so please check your email at 8:55 a.m. If you don’t see it, text me at 443.994.2750 and let me know.
- The theme is “Finding Ease.” The first exercise of the day is designed to help you decide what you want to focus on for the day, if you haven’t already. It may be personal, relationship or work-related. Whatever you choose, this is an opportunity to find ease in the difficulties, and to see the most comforting, compassionate, and self-compassionate path to follow.
- I’d also like to invite everyone to bring complete ease to the day—wear whatever’s comfortable and suits the weather, and feel free to have your coffee and donuts or your green smoothie on-camera. We’ll be getting into the deepest heart of the program from noon until we end, so you might want to have a special, healthy retreat-worthy lunch or snack (or your junk-food favorites—we won’t judge) prepared in advance.